Summer Camping in Russia is one of the best ways to touch the young searching generation in this great land
…are a vital part of the ministry in Bryansk. The thought of Christian camping in Russia just 2 decades ago was unthinkable. But in the 21st century in Bryansk Christian camping is thriving, and is accomplishing several goals:
- Summer Children & Youth Camps lend vital support to and help build the children and youth ministry for many existing churches in the Bryansk region.
- Summer Children & Youth Camps are a critical link in reaching out to families and children who have no church connection in the Bryansk region.
- Summer Children & Youth Camps provide a safe environment for children to come to an understanding of faith in Jesus Christ.
Its Summer Camp time in Bryansk!
The summer camping experience in Bryansk is held at a wonderful campground that was acquired in 2003. A beautiful 20 acre facility in the countryside called “Yolchka,” meaning in English “Christmas Tree” camp. For over 30 years this campground was used as a Communist Pioneer camp, a childrens campground for teaching young people how to be communist and atheist. Today it is one of the only Christian owned and operated campgrounds in the entire country of Russia.
- Write us to find out more about how you can assist, pray for, help sponsor children, or be personally involved in the summer camps of Bryansk.
- Write us to find out more about how you could be a “friend of Yolchka” to help with the operation and improvement of the campground facility. See the “Yochka” Camp page in this web site.
Let’s take a tour of Summer Camp at Yolchka…
Since the year 2000 over 5000 children have experienced summer Christian camping in Bryansk
Worshiping freely in Bryansk is a modern and refreshing change in this land
children come from all over the Bryansk and other regions for summer Christian camping at Yolchka
"Jesus loves you" greets kids at the door of a classroom
getting ready for some "capture the flag"
a week at Summer Christian camp is the highlight of fun for the hundreds of kids who come.
these boys are proud of their cabin... the camp host up to 250 children for each session
Sergei Kyzhekin, the children's pastor from Bezchitsa is a leader in summer camp ministry... here he plays ping pong with the kids
It's tie dye craft day at camp
Every summer hundreds of children make deeply profound decisions to follow Christ with their life
children develop life long friends from their week at camp
from the same stage that once taught children how to be atheist, today children accept Jesus Christ as their Savior
Every camp ends with a traditional Russian bonfire, and its wonderful!
Every camp ends with a great impact on the lives of children... and the adults who work with them
games, crafts, and lots of fun
team games at morning worship
you always fall in love with the kids at camp
everybody has a great time at Yolchka
a class at the "KLUB" building
worship is always great at camp
food is not bad at all! Lots of veggies
lots of basketball, volleyball, soccer, and badminton